This is a humor post but just to be clear, IMO, Trump would trump our current president by far.
November 19, 1863 – Gettysburg, Pennsylvania – President Abraham Trump delivers his famous address
Thanks. What an incredible crowd. They tell me this is the biggest crowd in the history of the North.
A while back some founders got together. And I mean they were good people but they really didn’t know anything about building a country. C’mon, you know, let’s face facts. Franklin with his little glasses and Washington with those horrible dentures — it was a nightmare. They didn’t know what the hell they were doing.
So then everyone comes to me and they say, “Please help us we’re in this terrible mess.” And believe me I knew this was gonna happen because our leaders were a total disaster who didn’t have a clue how to negotiate. Not the first clue, OK. It’s crazy. And I knew em all. Millard Filmore? The guy was a trainwreck. Franklin Pierce? A complete moron. Moron. And then James Buchanan they say dressed up like a woman if you can even believe it. I could tell you stories.
I mean they’re useless but I did business with ’em because I’m a businessman. It’s what I do. I traded cotton. I traded tobacco. I built the biggest plantations in the world. In fact I’ll tell you a story. Jefferson Davis came to me and begged me — begged me to live on a beautiful plantation that I had built in Mississippi. And it was beautiful, everything top notch and luxurious. I mean not the slave cabins ’cause they’re built for slaves. But everything was great and he’s pleading with me and what am I gonna say, “No”? So I sold it to him for an unbelievable profit. Largest profit ever made on a plantation sale. Hundreds of dollars in profit all pre-Confederate, which two centuries from now will be worth around $10 billion if maybe I decide to leave any to my kids. Who knows. We’ll see. And I say that not to brag just to give you an idea what’s what.
And by the way the slaves love me. Love me. The food portions. The amount of sleep. They’re nuts about me. If they end up freed when this is all over I will win the slave vote.
Anyway our politicians are the worst, they’re total failures and they didn’t let the South go bye bye and so I pick up the paper today and I read Salmon Chase may run against me in ’64! This idiot is in my own cabinet. And I like my cabinet, most of them have terrible beards but they’re OK. They follow orders. First of all what kind of name is Salmon? Should be a harpooneer on a whaling ship with a name like that. So I thought to myself, Salmon Chase, isn’t he the guy who night and day pleaded for a job with me after I kicked his ass at the convention in 1860? It was. I even found his telegraph number, give it a try see if it works. Dot dot dash dash dash dot dash dot dot dot dash.
And I can just hear the papers: “Abraham’s attacking again. He’s saying terrible things.” No. I say what I say because I’m honest. And I’m actually doing my job. Not like those nitwits in Washington. I mean I’m out here opening a cemetery for Christ sake! And as I look at this place I’m thinking, “How could there have been so many casualties?” There’s rocks and orchards all around, if I had the time I’d develop the property, but you can’t tell me that if you call yourself a soldier and you hear a shell or something coming you couldn’t have found a place to hide. And incidentally, so what, now Meade is some kind of a great general because he defeated Pickett’s charge? You’re up on a ridge with all your cannons and everything and the other army is walking right toward you. I mean they’re literally walking. Who couldn’t win that!
The point is I’m up all hours saving the Union and then here we are in this cemetery and I’m supposed to do what? Honor the dead? They’re dead. They’re losers. How are we in debt to them? I hate to tell you, but I like the guys who didn’t die. I’ll honor some of them.
And speaking of honoring, they want me to wrap up so they can honor me at a dinner. I’m so in demand it’s insanity half the time. All I’m telling you is if you’re living everything is for you.
Ted Cruz is the first Cuban/American to run for President. He has extremely strong conservative credentials:
- Starting at the age of 13, he participated in a Houston-based group called the Free Market Education Foundation where he learned about free-market economic philosophers such as Milton Friedman, Friedrich Hayek, Frédéric Bastiat and Ludwig von Mises.
- He Graduated cum laude from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in 1992.
- While at Princeton, he competed for the American Whig-Cliosophic Society’s Debate Panel and won the top speaker award at both the 1992 U.S. National Debating Championship and the 1992 North American Debating Championship.
- In 1992, he was named U.S. National Speaker of the Year, as well as Team of the Year, with his debate partner, David Panton. Cruz and Panton represented Harvard Law School at the 1995 World Debating Championship, making it to the semi-finals. Princeton’s debate team later named their annual novice championship after Cruz.
- Cruz’s senior thesis on the separation of powers, titled “Clipping the Wings of Angels,”
- After graduating from Princeton, Cruz attended Harvard Law School, graduating magna cum laude in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree.
- While at Harvard Law, he was a primary editor of the Harvard Law Review, and executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy, and a founding editor of the Harvard Latino Law Review.
- Professor Alan Dershowitz said, “Cruz was off-the-charts brilliant.” At Harvard Law, Cruz was a John M. Olin Fellow in Law and Economics.
- He is currently US Senator from Texas and serves on the Board of Advisors of the Texas Review of Law and Politics.
- He has a voting record score of 96% on conservative issues and is ranked the #2 conservative in the Senate at ConservativeReview.com
The following AFP interview is informative as it goes into his personal background, national policy at some length, and also the behind the scenes politics in Washington DC.
The Republican Party has 31 governors, two-thirds of all state legislative chambers, and control of both the House and the Senate. For President in 2016, it’s candidates are numerous, strong and younger than the opposition. Much younger in many cases.
A little humor helps, if only for a few seconds. It would be funny if it weren’t so true.
Here is how the Presidential candidates rate on conservative positions. The clear leaders are Cruz, Paul, and Walker, in that order, who have no red marks. The ratings are based on actions, not just words.
Here is how the Senator Presidential candidates rank by number. Note that Ted Cruz is exceeded in the Senate only by Senator Mike Lee, of Utah, who ranks A 100%
Here is how our Oregon Representative and Senators rank over the last six years. From bad to horrific.
Best Presidential debate I have ever seen. The questions were sharp, incisive and tailored to each candidate. The responses were spirited and intelligent. This is a great group of candidates. Best ever.
The Republican field contains a lot of strong candidates. Very exciting.
Today, starting at noon, at the Beaverton Planned Parenthood (and in 65 cities across the US), pro-lifers will be gathering to protest Planned Parenthood and demand the defunding of the nation’s largest abortion provider. Students for Life of America is the national organizer of the event and we are proud to co-sponsor the Portland rally. View the Facebook event page here for more details.
If you cannot attend the rally, please send Governor Kate Brown an email asking her to investigate Planned Parenthood in Oregon. The abortion industry has zero regulations in Oregon (one does not even have to be a licensed medical doctor to perform abortions). If the abortion industry truly cares for women’s safety, they will not oppose regulations that are accepted by any healthcare provider, like cleanliness standards, admitting privileges and outside oversight.
See you in Beaverton in 2 hours!
P.S. We have a new feature on our YouTube channel, a weekly pro-life roundup. We take the top story of the week as well as tell you how to answer one hard abortion rights argument. Check our first two out! #PPSellsBabyParts HERE and the rape exception HERE.
John Wayne in “The Cowboys” says: “Now, I don’t hold jail against you, but I hate a liar.” – And I feel the exactly the same, and so I hate our republican leadership in congress. Here, Ted Cruz gives Mitch McConnell a well deserved blistering. I share his disappointment. Profoundly.