There are more reasons now for a 2nd Amendment Preservation Ordinance than there were a mere week ago.
- HB3200 in the state house would ban most modern firearms and magazines; requires a re-registration of a single gun you would graciously be allowed to own, and allows for warrantless searches of ones home
- according to Oregon Firearms Federation, the Obama campaign offshoot “Organizing for Action ” will be picketing and protesting pro-gun legislators and activists, and supporting the gun control crowd
- hundreds, if not thousands of veterans are receiving letters from the VA that state: “A determination of incompetency will prohibit you from purchasing, possessing, receiving, or transporting a firearm or ammunition. If you knowingly violate any of these prohibitions, you may be fined, imprisoned, or both pursuant to the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Pub.L.No. 103-159, as implemented at 18, United States Code 924(a)(2).”?: The letter provides no specifics on the reasons for the proposed finding of incompetency; just that is based on a determination by someone in the VA. In every state in the United States no one can be declared incompetent to administer their own affairs without due process of law and that usually requires a judicial hearing with evidence being offered to prove to a judge that the person is indeed incompetent. Source: redflagnews.com
- 2million targets were requested from Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. by the DHS depicting young children, single moms, pregnant women and Sr citizens as targets with the header: “No More Hesitation” printed on the targets. These were per DHS request. Source: Infowars.com
- The DHS has recently purchased upwards of 2billion rounds of ammo; 1.6bil of that is hollow point 40cal., illegal for war under Geneva convention.
- Not new news, but news to me as of 10min ago: On September 13, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security graduated its first class of FEMA Corps first-responders. Unlike most local disaster response teams who are volunteers, training periodically and only showing up when there’s a disaster, the FEMA Corps will be a paid, full time, standing army of government youth. The idea is to have tens of thousands scattered throughout the country. Source: Itmakessenseblog
And there’s more.
But hey, these are just my feelings, right?
I’ve noticed that most of the arguments for gun control are found lacking – in almost every instance – any evidence to back them up.
We are nowhere NEAR giving up on a 2nd Amendment Ordinance. When hell freezes over.
Please help. What is your talent? Letters to the editor? Petition takers? Calls to the commissioners saying a resolution is unacceptable? Promotion of Ordinance in other counties? Call in to talk shows? Use your imagination.
Thomas Jefferson once expressed in the Virginia Resolution of 1798 that local officials were actually duty bound to interpose their power to prevent their citizens and constituents from being victimized by the federal government!